Sunday, March 27, 2011

Is Anybody Home?

Hello! Is anybody home? All of cyberspace lived happily without me for the past year or so, but now I might try to begin blogging again. Real life took over for a time. Many adult demands forced me to set aside this humble little blog. I even began to forget about this space, like a distant dream, until the other day.

I was logging into Facebook (another place I rarely visit) and it asked me if I wanted to adjust my settings. Sometimes they reset my settings without my permission, but this time they were polite and asked. When I followed the link, all my past postings appeared. It was as though an old friend had come over for a cup of coffee and reminded me of many happy times we shared together.

My children also want me to continue posting. After all, this is mostly about them and they enjoy reading about themselves. Not in a vain way, but like children - always curious - always sharing - always humorous - and always wonderfully simple and kind. We are perpetual kindergarden not because they aren't growing up, but because I love this corner of the world where I learn so much from them. They may grow as they wish provided I may learn through their lives how to be more childlike.

"People were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them and when the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. Jesus, however, called the children to himself and said, "Let the children come to me and do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Amen, I say to you, whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it." Luke 18:15-17

2 comments:

Sara said...

Welcome back!

Janet in Toronto said...

Looking forward (as always) to your posts!