Saturday, October 24, 2009

More Swine Flu

I haven't been here in a while because things have been very busy on the home front. Little Rocky didn't have strep after all, but the swine flu. He was followed by Nobby, then JPII. After another week Dibs came down with it. She is struggling now but after today things should be down hill for her as it lasts about five to six days and she is on day three. DH and I are still healthy and happy but allow each other little cat naps so we don't get run down.

School slowed significantly so I used the opportunity to finally get my fall organizing and cleaning finished. I wish I had before and after pictures to share, but I'm just a get it done kind of gal. The boys' room didn't get the overhaul it needed when my dear husband worked with the boys. I went in and took care of business. I decided that boys need to be able to see their clothes so everything from their drawers is now in their closet folded neatly on shelves. The drawers are now for their "things". I could write an entire post on the whys of this and I may but for now I am watching to see if this system will work. So far their room looks great.

I finally tackled my bedroom closet that hadn't been cleaned since the bathroom renovations began and everything was stuffed in there. It took me about two hours - that is all! Unbelievable! Anyway, now I have a little corner where I would like to put a sewing table (I've converted on old t.v. stand). There is no electrical outlet so I'll have to run an extension cord. I would love to start sewing again!! We'll see.

The basement is still in disarray and unusable at the present. We are going to have some landscaping done to divert water away from the house before we put the flooring in.

My DH and I are going to make homemade cavatelli for our date night. It is a dish he loved growing up. I'll also be making homemade pasta again as his birthday is this week. I'm planning an extraordinary chocolate cake for desert. Sh.... don't tell. I just love to see him smile!

No comments: