Thursday, October 01, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to us!! My DH and I are celebrating yet another year of marital bliss. We are packing the car tomorrow and heading up north for the weekend away together just by ourselves. I don't know that we will know how to talk to each other without children within ear shot and perhaps it is best that way. It makes for very pleasant conversations most of the time.

What's going on: The basement is a disaster area with fans and dehumidifiers running around the clock. There are carpet tacks exposed everywhere so, please don't go down there barefoot if you can help it.

We've nursed at least five children back to health from three cases of strep throat and two cases of possible flu. Today is our first day of health.

I've been couponing for the first time in my life, now that I have a little brain power on reserve from not being pregnant or nursing. We probably make too many food items from scratch for me to do any justice to the sport - (yes, I think it is a sport) but still it is nice to save money on the things we must purchase. The internet has made couponing something completely different from what it was years ago. Check out Southern Savers as an example.

I'm going to change my garden out for the winter after a nice crop of tomatoes, cucumbers and beans this year.

I have two knitting projects that haven't been touched and need resurrection. The first I started last year and the newest one is this year. One is portable the the other isn't, so I'm hoping that this year's football season will help me see these projects to completion.

Oh yeah, school is happening as well. The children have been highly motivated to get their school work done in the evening so they can play all day. I'm not complaining!! (Bronky just read that last comment, laughed and said, "You aren't complaining.....much.")

There are also many home projects I hope to tackle in the coming winter months from organizing to painting to little fix it jobs. Today I repaired a set of blinds that fell down! (Woo hoo! Go me!)

I've been baking a lot! The kids have enjoyed pancakes, muffins, breads, homemade soups, hummus and bean dips in addition to the usual stuff. I've been motivated to cook from scratch more due to the hyperactivity and distracted nature of one of my little students. He already seems better. Tonight we'll work on our grilled pizzas!! Those are the best when they turn out right! I suppose all this baking also comes from the fact that our school has moved upstairs and I'm in the kitchen ALL THE TIME. It's a good thing I enjoy my kitchen. I also enjoy when my children shower me with hugs and kisses, telling me how much they love me, all because I took the time to make their favorite something. Life is good!

No comments: