Monday, August 03, 2009

Organizing Fantasies

I'm told I can start organizing our books on the shelves in the basement. They aren't finished yet, but the shelves are in!! Who fantasizes about organizing and cleaning out closets? I hate to say that I was doing just that and taking much pleasure in the thought because we've been so disorganized for so long.

Today I started by cleaning off the dining room table that had become the dumping ground for mail, books, books, books, mail, stacks and stacks of books. I finished the room before Nobby woke up from her nap and fI elt so much satisfaction from having accomplished something. Ahhh...

This morning I took out the BELL I purchased at the beginning of summer. I've been saving it for today, the Monday before school starts. I rang it promptly at 8:00 a.m. to rouse the troops. Aren't you glad you don't live in my house? It certainly sounds more pleasant than my hollering up the stairs or over the intercom. Why no one wants to own or use an alarm clock is beyond my imagining, but that is the way it is here, so we have this awesome bell!

Today I also purchased a Day Planner where I will plan to be the obsessive time stealer of the century! I will make time where there is no time! That is my job! When people marvel at my having so many children and homeschooling and ask, "How do you do it?" I will finally have an answer! I will say, "It is all because I have managed my time with this handy dandy Day Planner!" :-) That is, until one of my kids spills lemonade all over it. I can dream, can't I?

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hooray! Progress on the house!

So you're starting this week to get them up? What time?

Carol said...

Well, I've been getting them up at 8:00 but I know I have to do better than that next week. My bell has mysteriously disappearted.....