Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day Syndrom (Ahhh)

School didn't begin with my bell yesterday. I didn't want to rouse the spirits too harshly. It was a very quiet, almost holy breaking of a new day. We went to early Mass and the kids were all very well behaved to the point that the priest after Mass shook each of their hands as we left the church and thanked them for coming! Each child grinned from ear to ear as we filed out to the car and there was no complaining about getting buckled.

At home I had chocolate chip muffins already prepared. We did our morning chores and then started school at about 8:40. Not bad!

We finished all our school at around 2:00 p.m.

So how was this the perfect day? If every day were like this heaven would not be too far away from us! Was it "First Day Syndrome"? Did the excitement come from the newness of everything: the anticipation, the new books, new clothes (yes, the little ones wore uniforms because I need a little less stress in my life). Did the sweet calmness of the day come because I planned EVERYTHING to a tee and we stayed on schedule (it really does uncomplicate life). What ever it was, it was a very nice day and one that I hope is repeated throughout the school year.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Congratulations! Tell us about your schedule...we want to know.