Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Under Construction

We are in the process of having our upstairs carpets ripped out and hardwood floors installed. We are also having our bathrooms updated. So, when the men arrived and began to bang, bang, bang and I realized we would have no access to any of our facilities, we fled to the hills. Actually, we did some much needed shopping and enjoyed "The Castle Corona" in the car.

While I initially thought we would do more of the same today, I just realized it is a very cold 1 degree outside. We are likely to find shelter from the noise in the basement and beg the nice tile man to make reinstalling our toilets a priority on his list.

We are under construction in the learning sphere as well - even while unawares. JPII (3) surprised me the other day. She drew a very nice banana all on her own. She then asked, "Mommy, what letter does banana begin with?" I replied that it was a "B", "buh" "banana". She than began to draw a capital B on her paper under the banana! This may not seem much to some people, but this was a huge thing to me as I have never formally instructed her in letters or phonics! Thank You, God!

No comments: